This educational and call-to-action initiative aims to remind people of the difference between needs and wants, true happiness and more, while not falling for shopping festivals that entice consumers into buying things through massive discounts and 'offers'.
- What do you have in your shopping cart this Singles’ Day (11.11)?
- Are you missing out on good deals?
- Will you still buy this item if it's not "on-sale"?
- Why do we always fall for the compulsive shopping trap?
You are what you do, not what you possess. Shop Smart this Singles’ Day!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Supporting and being part of this campaign is very simple! You just have to do one or all of the actions below:
- Post the attached stickers on your wechat moments / other social media channels
- Take the ‘pledge’ by clicking our campaign pledge link or by scanning the QR code below.
- Spread the message by sharing this or any other campaign articles with people you care about
- Let’s focus on real, sustainable happiness and support those who really need our help.
Buy less. Choose well. You Are Amazing, You Are Enough.
THE REAL MOTIVE BEHIND ADS
Most ads were created by brands & retailers to convince people that they’re not pretty enough, young enough, skinny enough, and the list goes on and on. Poking your customers’ pain points will reward you with sales revenue “Buy our product, it will solve all the imaginary problems that we just convinced you with”.
As Matt Haig rightly writes, “Happiness is not good for business. If people were happy with who they are, they would not be buying things to try to fill an existential void.”
In case you've been convinced by the media, please remember - You are enough. You are doing the best you can with what you have. We are all proud of you.
Remember, we are all made of stardust. Each one of us is a universe itself. Instead of looking for validation from others, try searching inside yourself, you would be amazed by what you find.