Why Awareness is Not Enough to Create More Environmental Impact
- 19:00 - 21:00
- KerryOn Space, 上海
Many people think that others are not aware of enviromental issues and that's why they don't adopt a sustainable behavior. But the reality is that there are many factors that are at stake here, including:
- Architecture of choice (which we can influence by design)
- Too much trust that technology will solve the problem
- Too much reliance on the government and feeling that they should change
- Learned helplessness (some people have tried to behave more sustainably but have seen that their efforts didn't make a difference so they gave up)
- The "what can I do by myself?" mentality
While these are just a few reasons, it is worth discussing about each of them in order to be able to have not just more impact in the future, but also to understand and inspire those around us to take positive action through better communication, tools and actions.
Join Adina Deacu, Founder of Tianmei's World™ Environmental Psychology Studio, the first consulting firm in China to consider the impact of environmental psychology (EP) on language learning and personal development.
Adina Deacu, Founder, Tianmei's World
Adina is an Environmental Psychologist and Educator with 8+ years of experience in influencing and managing multiple stakeholders at different levels with cross-functional experience in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, IT and Operations. She is on a mission to change how people view and go about education. Through research projects and workshops that she designs and delivers, she aims to turn the world into a big classroom, while creating better learning, working and living environments for the people and purpose that these environments serve.
- Event will be bilingual - transitioning between EN & CN.
- Payment can be made at the door. (Regular: ¥50; Students: ¥30; Without RSVP: ¥70)
- Please scan the QR code or click here to register