(For CN version of this post, switch language from the top right corner of this page)
This Winter, KerryOn and Green Initiatives are collaborating on a series of engaging, insightful, purpose-driven and charity-focused events at Jingan Kerry Center, to support the theme of ‘Nature in the City”.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN THIS SERIES
The entire series comprises of 9 events in Jingan Kerry Center, and dozens of other events around town by other partners. Here's the core events in this series (click on event name to learn more and/or rsvp):
- Wednesday, 2 December / Film Screening / The Biggest Little Farm
- Wednesday, 9 December / Book Reading / Irresistable: The Rise of Addictive Technology
- Wednesday, 16 December / Panel Discussion / The State of Philanthropy in China
- Wednesday, 23 December / Motivational Talk / Living the Life of Our Dreams (in Chinese)
- Wednesday, 6 January / Mind Body Yoga / Wednesday Yoga Flow (in Chinesee)
- Wednesday, 13 January / Film Screening / Atlantic
- Friday, 15 January / Social Mixer / Green Initiatives Annual Gathering
- Wednesday, 20 January / Lunch & Learn/ Emotional Intelligence in the Work Place
- Wednesday, 27 January / Film Screening / Gurrumul: The Life of An Aboriginal Musician
Here's related partner events:
- Saturday, 5 December / Market / Slow Food Shanghai Earth Market
- Sunday, 6 December / Farm Trip / The Peace Place Urban Rooftop Farm Tour
- Tuesday, 8 December / Conference / World Water Source Summit
- Saturday, 12 December / Concert / When Mother Nature Calls - Charity Music Concert
- Thursday, 17 December / Film Screening / A Life On Our Planet
- Saturday, 19 December / Charity Market / Tibetan Charity Christmas Market
- Thursday, 7 January / Film Screening / In Search of Greatness
- Tuesday, 19 January / Book Club Review / Coaching for Performance (Chinese)
- Tuesday, 26 January / Book Club Review / The Culture Map (English)
Several other events will be confirmed shortly. Keep an eye in this section to get the latest updates.
“If more people looked at the stars each night, I bet they would live their life a lot differently.” (Calvin & Hobbes)
So goes an inspiring quote from much-loved comic book series. But the fact remains that we often underestimate and downplay the role of nature in our lives. Nature protects us, nourishes us, and inspires us. Yet, deforestation, soil contamination, bushfires, pandemic, excessive waste and an underlying apathy towards the environment are common problems we see all around.
Through the ‘Nature in the City’ event series we hope to bring nature back into the limelight and into peoples’ lives, by focusing on 3 sub-themes:
- Food from nature
- Sounds of nature, and
- Wellbeing in nature
2020 has been a difficult year for many, and the year is almost over. The end of the year is when many of us take the time to reflect on the year gone by, and plan and prepare for the coming one.
Keeping that in mind, these events aim to give the Shanghai community an opportunity to engage in nature-inspired events on food, music and wellbeing, and inspire them to look forward to a better 2021. In the process, we will also support the initiatives of credible Chinese NGOs from rural parts of the country that are making an impact with their work in the environmental space.
All activities will be held in Jingan Kerry Center. Events will comprise of motivational talks, panel discussions, music, singing bowl meditation, and documentary film screenings, as part of the ‘Nature in the City’ event series.
Other partners in this event include: Lyceum Center, Education First (EF), Haworth Furnitures, the Oriental Danology Institute, Hult International Business School, “Sreina”, Time After Time, Slow Food Shanghai, Seeds of Change, On Air Space, Royal Norwegian Consulate General in Shanghai, British Consulate General Shanghai, Own What You Eat, Youkuai Foods and David Laris.
Join Green Initiatives and KerryOn if you would like to partner on these events. Or simply join us to participate, learn from experts in our community, and share your good vibes with those around you.
Let’s make the last few weeks of 2020 a time for sharing, for celebration, for inspiring each other, and for contributing to organizations that need our support!
For further details, partnership or media enquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +86 135 2412 1424