As our hunger for convenience grows, the plastic trash that we end up producing to feed this convenience also only further grows. Bottled water is a classic example of this.
"In the last 20 years China has become the world’s No. 1 bottled water consumer; driven by safety concerns & convenience. This leads to approximately 1 Jinmao Tower worth of plastic waste in China alone each year. This is approx. 1 million tonnes of plastic material wasted as of 2012.”
The fact is that a solution to address this problem already exists. And it is neither expensive, nor complicated. What's more, if done right it also helps organizations save operational cost for purchase of water.
Join Green Initiatives at One Museum Place in support of Earth Day 2019 as we launch the BETTER WATER campaign to encourage business owners to make the switch from bottled water to filtered water. Comprising short film screenings, brief presentations and discussions, the event is an open call to the Shanghai community to support the campaign and help reduced plastic waste from bottled water consumption.
- 18:30-19:15 Registrations & networking
- 19:15-19:30 Introduction by Green Initiatives and One Museum Place
- 19:30-19:40 Short film screening: 'Story of Bottled Water' (bilingual)
- 19:40-19:55 Campaign introduction and launch
- 19:55-20:15 Short film screening: 'A Plastic Ocean' (bilingual)
- 20:15-20:30 Discussions / Q&A
- 20:30-21:30 Drinks & networking
- The event is free to attend, thanks to the support of Hines, a leader in real estate investment and development since 1957.
- Food & beverages will be served, and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn, share, connect and simply stay inspired.
- Registration is required to help us plan a better experience.
About One Museum Place
One Museum Place is a 60-story prime office building and retail pavilion, and is the beacon of the Museum Place district in the heart of Shanghai. The office tower is designed and built to the highest specifications of quality and sustainability. The lifestyle-oriented retail pavilion will meet the daily needs of the office tenants and also provide daytime and evening opportunities for fine dining and relaxation, with its spacious interiors and outdoor terraces overlooking the Sculpture Park. One Museum Place supports a vibrant commercial community and provides a world-class gathering place for business and pleasure.
The building will be one of the first LEED Platinum office towers in Shanghai. LEED is the industry standard for green buildings. It has also achieved the RESET pre-certification, through the design and implementation of a system that enables continuous monitoring and management of air quality being delivered to tenants, well on its way to becoming the most innovative RESET Air Certified project to date.
For more information visit https://onemuseumplace.cn/