Join us for 2019’s second eco-adventure at the Lakeside Art Community! At the majestic Dianshan Lake, just 60 km from the West of Shanghai People’s Square. The Lakeside Art Community (LAC) workshop is an activity that aims to focus on a lifestyle inspired by natures’ wisdom.
There was a time when we lived a low-carbon lifestyle through traditional agriculture, transportation, and many other practices. These traditions are practiced within LAC in order to sustain a low carbon-use lifestyle. Which will allow us, humans, to learn how to coexist with nature. This workshop will strive to stimulate and enlighten the emotional connection we have with nature.
LAC aims to focus on the recycling and regenerating of local resources. By using local resources, we will strive to promote sustainable development within the local ecological economy.
Through this workshop, LAC hopes to educate people on how to co-exist with nature by experiencing the traditional low carbon-use lifestyle. Encourage and spread inheritance and innovation of these eco-friendly traditions. Lastly, stimulate the relationship between humans and nature by understanding the idea of “Symbiosis with Nature.”
March 22nd (Friday)
- 19:30 – 21:00 Depart from City Center Puxi to Dianshan Lake by private bus
March 23rd （Saturday）
- 8:30– 9:00 Local organic vegetarian breakfast
- 10:00 *Day trip participants: arrive by public transport
- 10:00-10:30 Welcome to Yangshe Village: Introduction by Jade (Wenyu) and villagers
- 10:40-11:40 Join the local Taichi session
- 12:00-13:00 Local organic vegetarian lunch
- 13:00-13:30 Free Time
- 13:30-15:00 Take the traditional hand-operated boat to the ancient house: Understand the architecture and history with Jade (Wenyu)
- 15:15-16:45 Explore Natural Farming workshop with local village farmer
- 17:00 End of Day 1 activities | *Day trip participants: Head back to City Center by public transport
- 19:00 Local organic vegetarian dinner
March 24th （Sunday）
- 8:30 – 9:00 Local organic vegetarian breakfast
- 9:00-11:00 Chill by the beautiful lake and hang out with friends, family, and villagers | Optional: Kayaking with R2 (Price: 199rmb/person)
- 10:00-14:30 Join us for the Dianshan Lake Local Market, “Dianshan Fair Eco Life” Note: Enjoy the festivity at the local market. (Buy your own lunch) Experience the slow and relaxing lifestyle at Yangshe village, with the warmth of sunshine and beautiful outdoor sceneries.
- 14:30-16:30 Meditate with Ricardo under the old native tree or at the White Petite Tree House.
- 16:30 Pack up, end of activities.
- 17:00 Depart for City Center Puxi by private bus
Day Trip（March 23）
- Regular Registration 300rmb
- Includes lunch and workshops
- Travel by public transportation to Jingshan Road 258, Yangshe village 242, Qingpu District, Shanghai
2-Days 2-Nights (March 22 - 24）
- Early Bird 950rmb
- Regular Registration 1200rmb
- Includes shared accommodations for two nights in a local village house with shared facilities (please contact us for more details about the stay arrangements).
- Meals: 2x breakfast, 1x lunch, 1x dinner, 1x snack, and 2x workshops.
- Transportation - Private Bus
- Friday 3/22
- Time: 19:30 departure
- Meeting location: Puxi City Center (TBD) to Dianshan Lake
- Sunday 3/24
- Time: 17:00 departure
- Meeting location: Dianshan Lake to Puxi City Center (TBD)
- Friday 3/22