Join us for 2019’s first eco-adventure at the Lakeside Art Community! At the majestic Dianshan Lake, just 60 km from the West of Shanghai People’s Square.
The Lakeside Art Community (LAC) workshop is an activity that aims to focus on a lifestyle inspired by natures’ wisdom.
There was a time when we lived a low-carbon lifestyle through traditional agriculture, transportation, and many other practices. These traditions are practiced within LAC in order to sustain a low carbon-use lifestyle. Which will allow us, humans, to learn how to coexist with nature. This workshop will strive to stimulate and enlighten the emotional connection we have with nature.
LAC aims to focus on the recycling and regenerating of local resources to promote the development of a sustainable local economy. By using local resources, we will strive to promote sustainable development within the local ecological economy.
Through this workshop, LAC hopes to educate people on how to co-exist with nature by experiencing the traditional low carbon-use lifestyle. Encourage and spread inheritance and innovation of these eco-friendly traditions. Help develop the sustainable local economy within the community. Lastly, stimulate the relationship between humans and nature by understanding the idea of “spreading love and being loved.”
- 08:30-09:00: Assemble at meeting point at People Square (departure for LAC / Dianshan Lake by 09:00 public bus service)
- 10:30-11:30: Visit LAC Dragon Village Public Eco Culture Community. Other activities: plastic clean up activity, outdoor dance and music, and taiji workshop in village center
- 12:00-13:45: Outdoor meals in local village, including: lake sceneries, picking wood followed by local organic farm lunch cooked using local incense wood stoves, homemade traditional food workshop
- 14:00-17:00: Travel by traditional boat from village to ancient (Local) house; Introduction to natural buildings + One of the following: Outdoor learning, therapeutic outdoor Yoga, Meditation, Music, and Dance; Arts and Crafts Workshop
- 17:00-17:20: Travel back to the village; Local Farmers Market Opening by Apos
- 17:30-19:00: Travel back to Shanghai by taxi+metro (or leave earlier and catch the direct 17:00 bus from Dianshan lake to People Square)
- There are two travel options:
- Gather at meeting point in Shanghai People Square between 08:30-09:00am. You will take the 09:00 bus to Dianshan Lake.
- Travel on your own by metro/taxi and arrive by 10:30 at: Jingshan Road 258, Yanshe village 242, Qingpu District, Shanghai 青浦区金泽镇金商公路杨舍村（大观园）
- Early bird price (limited spaces): ¥100; Regular price: ¥125
- Price includes all-day workshops and vegetarian lunch. Does not include cost of transportation - you will be using the public transportation service.
- Confirm your spot by making payment at the below link: https://yoopay.cn/event/09207315. Scan QR code to register!
Event is organized by the Lakeside Art Community (LAC) and supported by Green Initiatives. Please contact 陈文玉Wenyu (Wechat: wenyulifeart) for specific questions. Emergency contact: Wenyu 13761776211