GIGA Material Challenge - 2015 Shanghai Spring Session @ Yang Design Museum
- 18-04-2015 10:30 - 16:00
- Yang Design Musuem, Shanghai
GIGA's Material Challenge has won the unanimous support of Material Providers and Designers who have participated since the inaugural event in 2013. The event series invites industry participants to build, learn and win through interactive events that focus on discovery through hands-on experimentation. Designers race to win Material Challenges that test their skills and knowledge, while material providers share their best products with competing designers.
The first GIGA Material Challenge of 2015 is back to Yang Design Museum (Shanghai) by popular demand. Join us to test your team’s knowledge and technical expertise!
We've sucessfully invited Milliken, Wilsonart, Voxflor,and Pioneer Energy. Let's look forward to their Challenges!
* A maximum of 5 Brands will be selected for each GIGA Mateiral Challenge. There's one spot left for April's event. Designers are welcome to introduce material brands to us, while material manufacturers are welcome to contact us to learn more about how to participate this event: email@example.com
Cost: Free. Both individual and company are welcomed to join.
Food and drinks will be provided throughout the event.
How to Register
1. Sign up in teams of Four. If your team has less than four, GIGA will assign other people to fill up the team.
2. Audience: Interior Designers, Architects, Develers, Builders, etc. Both Individuals and companies are welcome to join.
3. Online registration is required: www.gigabase.org/mc
Space is limited, first come, first served.
How to Compete
1. Get your team number when signing up on the day of the event. (please arrive on time)
2. 20-25 Teams of Designers will be competing. Each team completes participating Brand's Tasks one at a time.
3. Any tools required will be provided. Each team has 30 minutes to finish each task.
4. The highest score for each task is 100. The team with highest total score wins the GIGA Material Challenge.
5. Tasks and scoring criteria will be given on the day of the event.
Win Extra Points (NEW!)
The Material Challenge is a knowledge and team building activity. Your team could earn extra point by:
1. A team can win 2 extra points if all team members wear matching outfits with a unifying theme.
2. 2 extra points for teams comprised of members from the same company or design firm, with each member being either Interior Designers, Architects, Developers, or Builders.
3. Teams that meet the above two categories and have as a team member their Boss, Lead Designer or Team Leader can win another 2 extra points.
* Namecards will be required for verification during the event day.
Why GIGA Material Challenge?
- Discover the full potential of building materials.
- Experiment with the most innovative Green products.
- Collaborate with colleagues to compete, learn and have fun.
- Meet likeminded industry professionals.
- Win Prizes (Grand Prize is iPad mini, or a prize of the same value).
For more information about this event, please visit this link.
This is not a Green Initiatives-organized event. To register for this event please contact the organizers directly.