In November 2021, the United Kingdom will host the 26th annual Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow, Scotland, where heads of state, climate experts, and leaders come together to address climate change.
Green Initiatives will host the Climate Action Conference Shanghai with support from PwC China, The United States Consulate General, The British Consulate General, Australian Consulate-General, The Norwegian Consulate General and Consulate-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Scientists have concluded that to avoid the critical threshold of irreversible catastrophic impact to the planet, we must limit the planet's average global temperature rise to below 2˚C from pre-industrial levels.
To create alignment and understanding on key topics pertaining to COP26 Glasgow session, it is critical to bring light to the following topics :
- Overview of the upcoming COP26 Summit in Glasgow
- Adapting to the climate change crisis
- Low carbon economy transition for businesses
- Solutions for reducing carbon emissions
- China’s net zero commitment: The next big business opportunity
China has pledged to be Carbon Neutral by 2060. This announcement provides a clear long-term signal for all actors in China to start taking greater action to accelerate decarbonization. Working with existing & new partners to contribute to achieving China’s carbon neutral goal as quickly as possible is the most sensible thing businesses can do.
- Introduce COP26 and its climate agendas to pave the way for positive action for professionals, business leaders & changemakers.
- Explore global climate issues and define China’s role towards carbon neutrality.
- Reinforce the relationship between China’s Carbon Neutral announcement & COP26.
- 16:30-17:00 // Registration
- 17:00-17:10 // Opening Remarks
- 17:10-17:20 // Keynote 1: COP26 Overview
- 17:20-17:30 // Keynote 2: Adapting to the Climate Crisis
- 17:30-18:45 // Panel Discussion 1: Low Carbon Economy Transition for business
- 18:45-19:00 // Break & Networking
- 19:00-20:15 // Panel Discussion 2: Solutions Towards Carbon Emissions
- 20:15-20:25 // Keynote 3: China’s Carbon Neutral Commitment: The Next Big Business Opportunity
- 20:25-20:30 // Closing Remarks
- 20:30-21:30 // Canapes, Drinks & Networking
SPEAKERS & PANELISTS
Deputy Consul-General, British Consulate Shanghai
British Embassy, Beijing
Consul-General of The Kingdom of Netherlands in Shanghai
Foreign Service Officer at The U.S. Consulate in Shanghai
Associate Principal, Callison RTKL
Founder and CEO of Ecovane Environmental
Head of ESG at New Development Bank (NDB)
Corporate Responsibility Director, PwC China
Councellor - Environment, Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing
Prof. Jia Li
Associated Professor, China-UK Low Carbon College, SJTU
Acting Consellor (Economic), Australian Embassy, Beijing
Dr Yan Yang
Partner - Low Carbon Economy Transition at ERM
HOST & MODERATOR
Founder & Director,
Director - Operations & Projects
Dhritiraj Sengupta PhD
Geospatial Researcher, Coastal Zone Management
Partners & Sponsors