STINK!: Green Drinks Film November Screening
- 27 November 2019
- 19:00 - 21:30
- WeWork @ Hunan Road, Shanghai
Green Initiatives' 111th documentary screening, Stink!, is an award-winning 2015 American documentary film directed by Jon J. Whelan that uncovers the truth behind toxins and carcinogens 'legally' hidden in American consumer products.
The film received multiple positive reviews, including the New York Times, The Boston Globe, The Hollywood Reporter, L.A. Times, the Village Voice, and Fortune Magazine. Stink! has appeared in 25 film festivals globally, and won multiple awards including Best Documentary Feature, at several film festivals.
Film comes with Chinese subtitles. Screening will be followed by discussions.
- 18:30-19:00 Registrations and Networking
- 19:00-19:10 Green Initiatives & Event Introduction
- 19:10-20:45 Film Screening (90 minutes)
- 20:45-21:15 Q&A/Discussion
- In making “Stink!” over the past three years, I have learned that companies don’t need to disclose whether products contain chemicals that cause cancer or disrupt hormones, contained endocrine disruptors, even chemicals that could interfere with a child’s growth, or cause reproductive problems. Certainly, we can all agree that American consumers should have the right to choose whether they want to be exposed to chemicals that cause cancer, or birth defects, or reproductive harm? Apparently not.
For his complete statement visit this link.
You may register for the event through the GI event webpage (below) or by scanning the QR code.
|27 Nov 2019 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm|
|WeWork @ Hunan Road, 328 Hunan Road, Near Gaoyou Road, Shanghai|
|Shanghai Library Line 10 Exit 3|
|View on Baidu Maps View on Google Maps|