About the film
Green Initiatives' 89th film screening, The Happy Film, is about an Austrian graphic designer Stefan Sagmeister, who is doing well in his city of dreams, New York, but suspects that there must be something more. He decides to turn himself into a design project. Can he redesign his personality to become a better person? Is it possible to train his mind to get happier?
Film screening will be followed by a short discussion.
- 18:00-19:00 Registrations & networking
- 19:00-19:30 Green Initiatives introduction
- 19:30-20:45 Film screening
- 20:45-21:30 Q&A/Discussions and networking
Stefan is doing well, lives in New York, the city of his dreams, and he has success in his work, designing album covers for the Rolling Stones, Jay-Z and the Talking Heads. But in the back of his mind he suspects there must be something more. He decides to turn himself into a design project. Can he redesign his personality to become a better person? Is it possible to train his mind to get happier? He pursues 3 controlled experiments of meditation, therapy, and drugs, grading himself along the way. But real life creeps in and confounds the process: art, sex, love, and death prove impossible to disentangle. His unique designs and painfully personal experiences mark a journey that travels closer to himself than ever intended.
- Entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice and beer. ¥100 at-the-door for non-registered guests.
- ¥20 for students and interns (limited seats), with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
- We have seating space only for 80 people although we have plenty of standing space. Please come in early to secure a seat.
- Haworth Furniture is a partner in Green Initiatives' RE:FROM. Feel free to bring in your old clothes and shoes for reuse/recycling. For more information please visit: www.greeninitiatives.cn/reform