Green Drinks 84th film screening and our LAST event of the year, An Inconvenient Sequel - Truth to Power, tells the story of one man’s fight to solve this crisis at a time when the threat has never been clearer – and the reasons for hope have never been greater. We follow Vice President Gore as he travels the world training citizens as Climate Reality Leaders and building an international coalition to confront the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced.
More than a decade after jumpstarting a global conversation on the climate crisis with the film An Inconvenient Truth, Climate Reality Founder and Chairman Al Gore returns to the big screen with An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power.
Film screening will be followed by a short discussion.
- 18:00-19:00 Registrations & networking
- 19:00-19:30 Green Initiatives introduction
- 19:30-20:45 Film screening
- 20:45-21:30 Q&A/Discussions and networking
A 2017 American documentary film directed by Bonni Cohen and Jon Shenk about former United States Vice President Al Gore's continuing mission to battle climate change. The sequel to An Inconvenient Truth (2006), the film addresses the progress made to tackle the problem and Gore's global efforts to persuade governmental leaders to invest in renewable energy, culminating in the landmark signing of 2016's Paris Agreement.
Former Vice President Al Gore continues his tireless fight, traveling around the world to train an army of activists and influence international climate policy. Cameras follow him behind the scenes -- in moments both private and public, funny and poignant -- as he pursues the inspirational idea that while the stakes have never been higher, the perils of climate change can be overcome with human ingenuity and passion.
To read more about the film visit this link.
Alex Shoer, Co-Founder of Seeder Clean Energy, Inc
Background: Alex Shoer is a certified Climate Reality Project Leader and regularly speaks to raise awareness about climate change. Alex is working on reducing air pollution through the deployment of clean energy solutions such as rooftop solar energy.Seeder is one of the leading solar advisors in China and specializes in increasing the speed of solar development, reducing project risk and decreasing the cost of solar projects. Alex seeks to collaborate with other progressive thinkers passionate about solving grand environmental challenges by integrating technology and financial innovation. Through Seeder, Alex continues to plant the “seeds” for a cleaner tomorrow, one building at a time. Alex has been in Shanghai for more than six years and is currently a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers, EO (Entrepreneur Organization) and is a graduate from China Accelerator, Fledge Incubator, Startup Chile and Stanford Ignite.
- Entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice and beer. ¥100 at-the-door for non-registered guests.
- ¥20 for students and interns (limited seats), with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
- We have seating space only for 80 people although we have plenty of standing space. Please come in early to secure a seat.
- Haworth Furniture is a partner in Green Initiatives' RE:FROM. Feel free to bring in your old clothes and shoes for reuse/recycling. For more information please visit: www.greeninitiatives.cn/reform