About the film
On the eve of Earth Day 2018, Green Initiatives is screening a visually stunning documentary 'Terra' that reflects human's relationship to other species on Earth as humanity becomes more and more isolated from Nature. The documentary shows nature and the contrast of man's natural tendencies to organize everything in our lives. The need to have everything under our control to the point of changing natures way of progress that has lasted what seems forever. Technology, politics, and money have given the man the ability to control everything except it seems our own destruction.
- 18:00-19:00 Registrations & networking
- 19:00-19:30 Green Initiatives introduction
- 19:30-20:45 Film screening
- 20:45-21:30 Q&A/Discussions and networking
At its core, Terra looks at the natural history of mankind and our existence on Earth. It looks back on the unique journey of a species which, among millions of others, has evolved and emerged from the many phases of our planet’s growth. As it progresses, we witness a number of remarkable and individual characteristics of certain life-forms.
However, as the narration continues– subjectively embodying humanity itself – it will gradually divert from this natural history and begin to show how our species regards and represents the world. How did man become aware of the world around him, and how has this vision evolved over thousands of years to the current state of unconsciousness?
How do we now wish to interact with other species that live around us? The power of Terra resides in this very question. This documentary will show how our own image and representation of nature has always been decisive in human history, and how it can still change the course of events to come.
- Film comes with Chinese subtitles.
- Entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice and beer. ¥100 at-the-door for non-registered guests.
- ¥20 for students and interns (limited seats), with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
- We have seating space only for 80 people although we have plenty of standing space. Please come in early to secure a seat.
- Haworth Furniture is a partner in Green Initiatives' RE:FROM. Feel free to bring in your old clothes and shoes for reuse/recycling. For more information please visit: www.greeninitiatives.cn/reform