In 2021, China’s urbanization rate almost touched the 65% mark, and this number is only increasing rapidly. To put this in context, the country’s urbanization rate in 1950 was 13%. Twenty-five of the world’s largest 100 cities are also located in China.
This means only one thing – to keep up with this rapid urbanization, China has to undertake construction of infrastructure on a massive scale. And one harsh fact that cannot be overlooked – the construction industry is damaging our environment. The construction sector contributes to 23% of air pollution, 40% of drinking water pollution, and 50% of landfill wastes.
Green Initiatives is delighted to host the Tech For Climate Action Conference - Session 1, focusing on technology in the real estate space, with support from Swedish Consulate-General and The United States Consulate General.
This conference will be a great platform to connects businesses, and together learn more about tangible industry solutions to transition to low-carbon economy, innovations, technology and trends around:
- Construction, a necessary evil of development
- How can technology make construction more sustainable
- Green building systems modeling
- Operations and maintenance optimization
- New innovations in green building technology
- 18:00-19:00 Registration
- 19:00-19:10 Opening remarks
- 19:10-19:20 Keynote speech
- 19:20-19:45 Speaker presentations
- 19:45-20:10 Panel Discussion
- 20:10-20:30 Audience Q&A
- 20:30-20:40 Closing remarks
- 20:40-21:30 Drinks and networking
- Event is free to attend, but pre-registration is mandatory. Please refer to link below.
- Limited number of seats available.
- Event format is Online + Offline Hybrid
More details can be found on our WeChat post.