Family & Sustainability Weekend @Dianshan Lake Sailing Club
- 09-06-2018 09:00 - 20:00
- Shanghai Yacht Club & Resort, Shanghai
Join us for an eco-culture learning weekend in the beautiful environment of Dianshan Lake just 60km West of Shanghai People’s Square, where Shanghai Yacht Club (SYC) has opened its stunning members-only-facilities to host author Andy Couturier with Green Initiatives.
Your ticket includes:
- 4 vegetarian meals, Saturday evening folk dance, campfire and a tour of Grand View Park organized by our partner Seven Hopes
- Saturday evening lecture and discussion with Andy Couturier in the SYC clubhouse
- Access to the beautiful SYC grounds
- Local villagers folk dance and campfire
- Permission to put up your tent in a designated area of the SYC grounds
- Saturday and Sunday eco-learning classes for children and their parents with our partner Green Steps
- Saturday and Sunday canoeing tours with our partner China Splash (not suitable for non-swimmers)
- Transportation to and from the lake (pls check detailed event itinerary for public transportation)
- Accommodation different than bringing your own tent (pls book SYC cabins by scanning below QR code or get in touch with the SYC client manager)
Option one: bus to the venue. Take metro line number 1 to South Huangpi road station (黄陂南路站) and take exit number 1. Turn right and walk just a few meters to the intersection of Danshui road (淡水路) and middle Huai Hai road (淮海中路). Cross the road and take the Hu Shang Highway Express (沪商高速专线) directly to the venue (Departure time: 07:30/09:00/10:40/12:00/13:40/15:00, 1.5 hours, 12¥). Get off at Jin Shang Gong Rd. Da Guan Yuan Xin Cun (金商公路大观园新村). Walk towards the path and bridge (opposite direction from grand view garden Village ), cross it and you're there!
Option two: metro and taxi. Take metro line number 17 to Zhujiajiao. Exit the station and take a taxi to no. 588 Jinshang Rd. Meifan. If the driver does not know plum garden, you can mention grand view garden (大观园) which is just opposite to the venue.X
For those who want to return to Shanghai before, Hu Shang Highway Express (沪商高速专线) operates from Jin Shang Gong Rd. Da Guan Yuan bus station (金商公路大观园) outside the venue（arrival time: 06:00/07:10/08:30/09:40/11:20/13:00/16:00）
About the Speaker:
Andy Couturier is the American author of two books, Writing Open the Mind: Tapping the Subconscious to Free the Writing and The Abundance of Less. He is the director of The Opening, a school for creative writing. His essays and articles on ecology, sustainable living, nuclear power have appeared in many North American and Japanese media outlets. He is also the winner of the prestigious 2017 Nautilus Book Award in the category Green Living & Sustainability.
- Date: June 9 & 10, 2018
- Time: all day
- Cost: CNY 650 (One paying adult can bring one child up to age 10 free of charge. Ex. family with 3 children: buy three tickets.)
- Book your ticket and register for activities by scanning the left QR code
- Book additional accommodation by contacting Sita (right QR code, or call 15821739417)
- Money goes towards supporting the entire TAOL campaign including travel, stay, speaker honorarium, and other resources.
Find out more about the campaign here: https://taol.greeninitiatives.cn/