Homegrown: Empowering Parents to Guide Children into a Sound 21st Century Adulthood
- 08-03-2019 09:00 - 18:00
- To be confirmed,
Why is it that raising our children is filled with so much anguish? Why is it that we feel competent at work but confused and insecure at home dealing with our offspring? Why is it that so many mothers and fathers experience parenthood as a crisis?
This course is designed to give parents and teachers the self-confidence to observe, understand and respond to their children’s and student’s needs. It is set against the spreading helplessness which many of us experience in an increasingly complex world, a helplessness, which forces us to hand over the fate of our most beloved ones to institutions which serve their own, but not our children’s interests.
The course weekend is designed as retreat from urban life. Theoretical and practical learning sessions are mixed with outdoor activities, which give opportunity to share and digest learning. They are directed at adults who want to take a step back from their busy routines to explore in a setting of friendly and collaborative learning an alternative to the status quo.
- Participants learn core concepts of industrial and alternative education models;
- they understand the central principles of human development psychology and pedagogy;
- they incorporate the role and the responsibility of parent/teacher in supporting human growth;
- will understand Dr. Montessori’s findings as guiding principles for 21st century learning;
- participants understand the value of daily routines and manual activities for later cognitive excellence and are enabled to design and facilitate practical life activities for their children / students;
- participants understand the central part of the Montessori curriculum, sensorial learning, and
- are enabled to re-design Dr. Montessori’s activities for the needs of an individualized 21st century education.
Training location: Parrot Tree – Shanghai Qingpu District; details upon registration
Future dates: 20-21 April and 10-12 May
Pricing: CNY 900 per person / per weekend
- 2 nights in countryside accommodation with shared bathrooms
- All meals from Friday evening until Sunday noon
- Registration with PSB
- All weekend classes
Does not include:
- Room service
For more information scan the QR code in below flyer or visit this link.
This is not a Green Initiatives-organized event. To register for this event please contact the organizers directly.