The Price We Pay: Green Drinks September Film Screening
- 19-09-2019 19:00 - 21:00
- WeWork@Hunan Road, Shanghai
Green Initiatives 108th documentary screening in Shanghai is a film that discusses the history and present-day reality of big-business tax avoidance, which has seen multinationals depriving governments of trillions of dollars in tax revenues by harboring profits in offshore havens.
- 18:30-19:10 Registrations and networking
- 19:10-19:15 Green Initiatives & event introduction
- 19:15-20:45 Film screening (93 minutes)
- 20:45-21:00 Q&A/Discussions and networking
The Price We Pay, directed by Harold Crooks, exposes how "offshore" finance and Google, Amazon and the other tech giants of the "cloud" economy are eroding the foundations of the democratic state. The Price We Pay is inspired by Brigitte Alepin's book La Crise fiscale qui vient.