Fashions ***** Secrets: Green Drinks October Film Screening
- 25-10-2018 19:00 - 21:00
- Haworth Furniture, Shanghai
"I feel like we understand what plastic does to the Earth but I had no idea what cotton was capable of"
Let's face it we are all addicted to buying clothes, and as often get excited about new collections. The concept of fast fashion started as an affordable solution to profit from a larger consumer audience, however, have you wondered the effects it has on the textile industry capacity and how fashion brands can afford to sell us $20 or less clothing items?
Join us on the eve of Shanghai Fashion Week for a particular feature as Green Initiatives' 94th film screening presents, "Fashions' ***** Secrets." A documentary exploring the hidden world of fashion to uncover the hidden costs of the addiction to fast fashion.
Stacey Dooley travels the world to investigate the true cost of fast fashion. She witnesses the disappearance of the Aral Sea is one of the biggest environmental disasters linked to the garment industry. What was once home to thousands of fish and wildlife is now a vast desert sparsely populated by the odd shrub or camel. It's cost thousands of local jobs, and the overall crippling environmental impact on everything from the weather to the health of the local community.
- 18:00-19:00 Registrations & networking
- 19:00-19:30 Green Initiatives introduction
- 19:15-20:30 Film screening
- 20:30-21:15 Q&A/Discussions and networking
- The film does NOT come with Chinese subtitles.
- Entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice, and beer. ¥70 at-the-door for non-registered guests.
- ¥20 for students and interns (limited seats), with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
- We have seating space only for 80 people although we have plenty of standing space. Please come in early to secure a seat.