An Inconvenient Sequel - Truth to Power: Green Drinks December Film Screening
- 21-12-2017 19:00 - 21:00
- Haworth Furniture, Shanghai
Green Drinks 84th film screening and our LAST event of the year, An Inconvenient Sequel - Truth to Power, tells the story of one man’s fight to solve this crisis at a time when the threat has never been clearer – and the reasons for hope have never been greater. We follow Vice President Gore as he travels the world training citizens as Climate Reality Leaders and building an international coalition to confront the greatest challenge humanity has ever faced.
More than a decade after jumpstarting a global conversation on the climate crisis with the film An Inconvenient Truth, Climate Reality Founder and Chairman Al Gore returns to the big screen with An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power.
Film screening will be followed by a short discussion.
- 18:00-19:00 Registrations & networking
- 19:00-19:30 Green Initiatives introduction
- 19:30-20:45 Film screening
- 20:45-21:30 Q&A/Discussions and networking
A 2017 American documentary film directed by Bonni Cohen and Jon Shenk about former United States Vice President Al Gore's continuing mission to battle climate change. The sequel to An Inconvenient Truth (2006), the film addresses the progress made to tackle the problem and Gore's global efforts to persuade governmental leaders to invest in renewable energy, culminating in the landmark signing of 2016's Paris Agreement.
Former Vice President Al Gore continues his tireless fight, traveling around the world to train an army of activists and influence international climate policy. Cameras follow him behind the scenes -- in moments both private and public, funny and poignant -- as he pursues the inspirational idea that while the stakes have never been higher, the perils of climate change can be overcome with human ingenuity and passion.
To read more about the film visit this link.
- Entrance fee of ¥50 for all registered guests, that includes snacks, juice and beer. ¥100 at-the-door for non-registered guests.
- ¥20 for students and interns (limited seats), with PRIOR REGISTRATION and student card.
- We have seating space only for 80 people although we have plenty of standing space. Please come in early to secure a seat.
- Haworth Furniture is a partner in Green Initiatives' RE:FROM. Feel free to bring in your old clothes and shoes for reuse/recycling. For more information please visit: www.greeninitiatives.cn/reform