Earth Day 2013 @American Culture Center, USST
- 24-04-2013 15:00 - 17:30
- American Culture Center, Shanghai
Come celebrate and create awareness of Earth Day 2013 at the American Cultural Center at the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology. The event is organized by Green Drinks China, as a sequel to the event that was organized on this very occasion in April of 2012.
The event will involve a film screening on 'Consumption', talks by various experts on topics including consumption, food and water, a student-band performance, some DIY activities and more fun things - to really create awareness on sustainability issues, but in a fun and exciting way.
- 14: 50------15:00 Brief opening ceremony. Introduction by Jennifer Tarlin, Director, GDC & TCS Education (USA)
- 15: 00------15:45 Introduction to Aquaponics and Original Life by Irving Steel and DIY aquaponics
- 15: 45------16:15 Break/DIY/Snacks/Film screening 'the story of stuff'
- 16: 15------16:30 Presentation by Michael Rosenthal, National Director for the Miss Earth China Pageant
- 16: 30------16:45 Presentation by Charlie Matthews on 'Consumption and The China Dream Project'
- 16: 45------17:00 Questions and answers with experts
- 17: 00------17.15 Singing performance from a band
About Earth Day:
Earth Day is an annual day on which events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Earth Day is observed on April 22 each year. The April 22 date was designated as International Mother Earth Day by a consensus resolution adopted by the United Nations in 2009. Earth Day is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and is celebrated in more than 192 countries every year.
About Green Drinks China:
GDC is a no-for-profit organization started in 2009, with a mission is to promote awareness and encourage action in the areas of environmentally friendly technologies and sustainable models of growth and consumption.
About TCS Education:
TCS Education System prepares innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community. Founded in May 2009, TCS Education System is an entrepreneurial, not?for?profit educational enterprise dedicated to training professionals in high?level, applied fields to use their knowledge and skills to serve the greater good.
About American Cultural Center:
The American Culture Center promotes learning and cultural exchange between China and the United States by supporting programs, exhibits and public events that highlight the contributions of American scholars, musicians, scientists and other people of accomplishment in the arts and sciences. The American Culture Center supports the University’s developing programs in global education by offering artistic, scholarly and scientific programming and by linking scholars in different areas of the university who share a common interest in research, development, and teaching related to the United States.