aham - Soul, Body and Environment: Green Initiatives Weekly Workout
- 13-05-2018 18:00 - 19:30
- naked Hub@Hunan Road, Shanghai
“Oh no! It’s Sunday night already!”
We all know that feeling as we prepare ourselves for another Monday blue. This melancholy is a sign that our Soul-Body-Environment trio are out of sync with our lifestyle.
We live in a highly demanding society that requires us to be constantly performing to our best, and relaxation is considered as something to be earned instead of a moment we all need. Constant social and work pressure results not just in a stressed body, but also in a stressed mind (and soul) which compels us to take decisions and actions that even stress our environment.
Sunday evenings should be a time of realigning our trio, about positive thoughts and about fresh energy to kickoff another week to achieve greater impact at work, and off it.
“The physical world reflects our spiritual outlook. If we want to change the conditions of the physical world, we have to change our mindset.”
Seeds of Change Mantra
Join us for our all new, all special series of Sunday evening ‘workouts’ where the focus will be on getting you to connect with yourself, your body and your environment. '
'aham' is the Sanskrit word for 'I' or 'Me'. Change starts with myself.
- 18:00-18:15 Registration
- 18:15-19:15 Introduction, warm ups and workout
- 19:15-19:30 Discussions & Wrap up
About the Trainer
Raj Bala, or ‘Raj’ as he is popularly called, has been teaching yoga since 2003, since he received his training at the Universal Yoga Centre in India under Vijay Amar, who has a distinction of 40,000+ hours teaching yoga.
Raj is trained in Ashtanga, Hatha, hot and flow yoga, and E-RYT 500 certified by Yoga Alliance®, the largest global nonprofit association with a mission to support and promote integrity and diversity in teaching yoga.
Raj has taught yoga in different parts of India, has deep appreciation and knowledge for nature and ancient Indian culture and traditions. He has been based in Shanghai since 2005, teaching at Wills Gym all through, apart from several private lessons.
Raj is also a trained massage therapist with over 6 years experience in Swedish and deep tissue massage.
- Session has been designed for both beginners and advanced yogis.
- Activity will comprise of a short introduction, meditation, warm-up, yoga and casual discussions.
- Wear comfortable clothes. You will be required to remove your footwear/socks before starting the session.
- Yoga mats will be available for the first 15 sign ups only. We suggest you to bring your own yoga mat, if you have one already.
- Sessions will be organized weekly. You may also consider the option of purchasing a mat in future or after the first session.
- Other upcoming sessions: 20 May & 27 May. Location TBC
- Class size limited to 35 individuals. Payment needs to be made in advance.
- For payments and/or naked Hub member registrations, please visit https://yoopay.cn/event/07427505 or scan QR code below.
** First timers are most welcome. We intend to show you that yoga is not just about rigorous workout of the body, but also relaxation for the mind. **