The New Challenge of Architecture Design Zero Net Carbon Professional Training Program
- 20-09-2017 This is a 2 and half day program - from 20th Sept to 22nd Sept
- Tongji Architectural Design Co., Ltd, Shanghai
The Paris Agreement establishes the target to keep the increase in global average temperature to well below 2 degrees C above pre-industrial levels. The building sector is responsible for about 1/3 GHG emissions globally. To achieve Paris Agreement, it is crucial to reduce the energy consumption and GHG emissions of the building sector.
To accommodate an urban population that is expected to reach one billion by the year 2030, China is adding roughly two billion square meters of new buildings annually. It is more important than ever to train Chinese design professionals in the principles, tools, and processes that deliver highly efficient, carbon neutral buildings and developments.
Unlike most green building training programs, China ZNC Professional Training Program is targeted at empowering architects to lead in the design process by providing them with sustainable design principles and case studies. Not only will participants learn about ways to achieve green building certifications, they will also understand the rationale behind different sustainable design strategies, and be able to confidently deploy informed analysis and well-integrated design strategies to cost-effectively reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions. The curriculum includes:
• Low Carbon Urban Planning and Development
• Introduction to ZNC Building Design
• Energy and Emissions Targets
• Climate, Solar, and Site Analysis
• High Performance Building Envelope
• Passive Heating/ Cooling Design Strategies
• Daylighting and Integrated Lighting Design
• Efficient Equipment, Controls, and Renewable Energy Systems
• Insight software workshop
• What can we, as architects, do in response to climate change?
• It is the first time to introduce AIA’s zero/ low carbon design course (AIA+2030) to China.
• Experts from top American design firms to China to systematically teach the sustainable building design course.
• Introduce Insight from Autodesk. Use the software to achieve Zero Net Carbon architecture design.
FAIA, Hon. FRAIC
Founder and CEO, Architecture 2030
FAIA, Partner in Charge of Urban Planning and Design, SOM
FAIA, LEED AP Discipline Leader Sustainable Design, SmithGroup JJR
FAIA, LEED AP,
Sustainable Design Leader, NBBJ
Building Technology Researcher, Associate Perkins+Will/ Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Amherst
BEMP, LEED AP, Principal,
Pablo La Roche
PhD, LEED AP, Associate VP and Sustainable Design Leader,
CallisonRTKL, Professor, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
FAIA, LEED AP, Chief Sustainability Officer, Cuningham Group
FAIA, NCARB, LEED AP
S&T Practice Leader, Principal, Perkins+Will
Standard：3500 RMB. Deadline - 10th Sept, 2017
Early Bird: 2800 RMB. Deadline - 20th Aug, 2017
Insight software workshop: 200 RMB, only for the 22nd September. Deadline - 10th Sept, 2017
To Register please vist the program website
Zero Carbon Green Building Technology Promotional Committee, China Exploration and Design Association Architecture Branch
Architecture 2030 Consulting LLC
Tongji Architectural Design (Group) Co., Ltd
This is not a Green Initiatives-organized event. To register for this event please contact the organizers directly.